Linssen Yachts History - Since 1949...
From 1991 - 2000
- 1991; The lake police in Thurgau on Lake Constance choose the Linssen 402SX Patrol as their patrol vessel. Yvonne Linssen shows interest in her fathers trade at very young age.
- 1992; Linssen 402 SX Patrol “P1” for City of Ghent port authority.
- 1993; The Linssen 34 HT was launched in 1993.
- 1994; Full integration of CAD-CAM systems and CNC-controlled milling machine.
- 1995; The Grand Sturdy® 500 Variotop® is presented to the public.
- 1996; Dick Lefeber develops the first models of the Dutch Sturdy® series.
- 1996; A start is made on the construction of Europe’s biggest spray booth, 1,260 m3 in size (20 x 9 x 7 metres).
- 1997; The new building on Brouwersstraat housing the unique showroom with the raised jetty is opened.
- 1998; One of the most successful model series ever, the Grand Sturdy®, is launched throughout Europe to great acclaim.
- 1999; Another milestone: the company’s 50th anniversary is celebrated when the boatyard is opened to an eager public. The start of the annual Linssen Yachts Boat Show.
- 1999; H.R.H. Crown Prince Willem-Alexander talks to Jos Linssen on his visit to Linssen Yachts to mark the company’s 50th anniversary.
- 2000; The Linssen DS 45 Variotop® Cruiser, is presented to the world’s press in Switzerland.